Friday 27 February 2009

BadPsychics gets Acorah to talk ...

The BadPsychics website has published an interview with Derek Acorah, and some of the replies to questions are interesting.

I chose the name "Acorah" as a working name because I liked it and it has a history within my family. BobDezon should remember that not all blood ties are recorded or researchable. I know that my family tree has been published on the internet. That is a gross instrusion of my family's privacy. It was particularly upsetting for my mother who, as an elderly and frail lady, was reminded of a long closed period of her past in the last years of her life.
Well! Where to start?

1. Acorah has consistently claimed that the name was that of his grandmother's first husband. As we all know, from public records, it wasn't. Nor was it the name of her second husband, either. Now the claim has slipped somewhat to become "it has a history within my family", which could mean whatever he wants it to mean.

2. If Acorah's family tree has been published on the internet then I've not been able to locate it during many years of research.

3. Acorah himself made public many details of his family in books, articles and interviews.

4. I have never published the details of any relative of Acorah who was still living. The identities of the dead are, once again, part of public records.

5. I find it difficult to believe that an "elderly and frail lady" discovered my website while surfing the net. I find it even more difficult to believe that had such a thing happened, she would have been "reminded of a long closed period of her past", as the only reference I made to her was in relation to her stepfather; "Willem Verbaan died at the family home in Bootle in 1965; his death was registered by Derek Johnson's mother"

************

Whether you choose to believe it or not, it is pure coincidence that Masumai is "I am u Sam" in reverse. Without today's penchant for "text speak", would anybody have even come up with that suggestion?

Since the early 17th century both iterate and illiterate people alike have scrawled I.O.U. on bits of paper, together with a sum of money borrowed. The suggestion that we waited for "text speak" to use the contraction is plain ridiculous, and smacks of desperation.

************

I just love Acorah's response to question ten, posed by 'Twistedme'.

" Can [you] expand further on your claims of a subterreanean race of people living under the streets and subways of London? What proof can you provide to support these claims and when will you be presenting this proof to the general population? "

Until the existence of the afterlife can be proved and understood by those who function on the earthly plane, it is impossible for a medium to provide the degree of tangible proof our society feels the need to see. Equally, and for exactly the same reason, a sceptic is unable to provide proof that a medium is wrong. When I conduct an investigation I speak about what I am receiving clairaudiently or seeing clairvoyantly. If what I have to say sounds ludicrous to the listener, then I am sorry but I can only interpret what I receive and relay it.

Ah! So, the answer's a no, then? What a surprise!

Emma Gee

No comments: